Mainframe MLC Cost Management
Reduce mainframe MLC costs up to 30% or more
- Get critical insight into IBM MLC pricing models, from AWLC to zNALC
- Identify which workloads drive peak 4-hour rolling average (4HRA) cost
- Model workload variations to determine optimal workload and capping scenarios
- Safely move or isolate the most expensive MLC subsystems
- Dynamically optimize capacity settings to lower costs while protecting service levels
- Easily identify key drivers of peak resource usage that contribute to MLC costs.
- Get insightful reports and model the cost impact of changes, while tracking and forecasting your MLC budget.
- Predict the costs associated with deploying new applications and making changes to your workloads.
- Protect the most critical workloads from being capped and manage the cost of non-critical workloads.
- Reclaim unused capacity for significant savings.
- Confidently lower costs with patent-pending cost-aware and importance-aware technology.
- Move or isolate the most expensive MLC subsystems—like Db2, CICS, IMS, and MQ—and run them on separate logical partitions.
- Change the MLC math to drastically reduce costs using standard IBM APIs.
- Add an important failover capability that you don’t have today with any other solution to maximize availability.